I have wanted to do something like this for a while now, but I couldn’t come up with a name for it. I wanted it to be kind of a mix of my favorite things and little tid bits about our family. So I came up with Fun Facts Friday. Every (hopefully) Friday I will post some little fun things about something going on in our lives or some of my favorite things. Since this blog is mostly about my wonderful children, I thought I would start it off with 10 fun facts about being a mom!
1. I love that the first sound I hear in the morning is Linley “talking”. She never cries when she wakes up. She just makes the sweetest little sounds! It is like waking up to the most beautiful music I have ever heard.
2. The icing on the cake for waking up to that precious music is that when I lean over her crib to pick her up she gives me the biggest smile! No matter how sleepy I am my heart just melts when I see that smile!
3. I love hearing Layne sing along with the radio while I am driving. For some reason he doesn’t think I can hear him in the car or he wouldn’t do it!!
4. I love that I never have to be by myself! For those of you who know me well you know that this is a big thing for me! I am a self proclaimed chicken and hate to be by myself for any amount of time at all!!
5. Being a mom gives me a lot more things to scrapbook! Honestly, I probably won’t ever get caught up!
6. One of my all time favorite things is listening to Layne and John-Isaac say their prayers at night before they go to sleep. There is just something about the voice of a child praying that just is so moving.
7. I love the smell of baby lotion!
8. Cheap entertainment!! Brian and I spend more time laughing at all the funny things they do. We ask each other all the time, “What did we do for fun before we had kids?”
9. The fact that I know more words to High School Musical and Hannah Montana songs than any other “grown up” music group.
10. And finally, that I am secretly looking as forward to High School Musical 3 coming out as my children are! LOL.